This was originally a Chapelry of the parish of Kinwarton. The village, known as Round Alne in the Middle Ages, is situated a few miles north east of Alcester, on the road to Wootton Wawen.
DIOCESE: Worcester. HUNDRED: Barlichway. UNION: Alcester
ADJOINING PARISHES: Wootton Wawen, Aston Cantlow, Haselor, Kinwarton, Coughton, Spernall, Morton Bagot.
Parish Registers: Christenings: 1612-1980 Marriages: 1613-1981 Burials: 1612-1962 .
Bishop's Transcripts : Begin 1616 WOR
IGI: Christenings: 1604-1747 & 1751-1875, Marriages: 1604-1747, 1754-1836 & 1839-1895.Widely available; BMSGH(PS)
REGISTER COPIES:C Burials: 1704-1711, 1748-1750 Marriages: 1616-1700, 1704-1711, 1748-1753 SoG
MONUMENTAL INSCRIPTIONS: Church WAR Yard (ADLHS) WAR WOR SoG
PROBATE RECORDS: WOR
CENSUS RETURNS: All WAR
1851 BMSGH SI v12 SoG BIR
1881 BCP; BMSGH(PS)
1913 Householders named with household numbers WAR
MANORIAL RECORDS: 1539-1607, 1606-1607 (Woodhouse) STR
DEEDS: Deeds 1716-1871.
Plans and areas of estate 1820, 1821.
OTHER SOURCES: Estate of Robert Burton Esq., map 1800.
Reference books to the estates of Sir F.L.H. Goodricke, Bt., in Gt. and Little Alne. Jephcott of Gt. Alne, pedigree etc. 19c
Diaries of Richard Seymour, Rector of Kinwarton and Gt. Alne 1832-1873 (16 vols)
See note under Alcester re work of the Alcester and District Local History Society.
[Last updated: 18th March 2013 ]