This is an ancient parish on the eastern border of the county
adjoining Leicestershire south of Nuneaton and north of Burton
Hastings. The village disappeared in the reign of Henry VII and
therefore there are no early registers. There are, today a few
farms and houses and the area has become a civil parish.
CENSUS RETURNS: 1841 51 81
OTHER SOURCES: Rental and survey of Sir Marmaduke Constable's estate 1543-1544.
[Last updated: 18th March 2013 ]